Spirit Matters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spirit Matters

All types of paranormal discussed

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What did you do today?

Go down 
+2
jean jeannie
Sadie
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
jean jeannie

What did you do today? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 5:05 pm

I am at work What did you do today? - Page 3 32467
but only fort 3 hours then on call via mobile for 4 hours we are busy getting the house and garden ready for my adoped mums 94 birthday next saturday What did you do today? - Page 3 85334 hopefull some of her errant children and grandchildren will show there face for a change but if they don't well its there loss we are gonna have a great time. I'm planning the menu which can change if we do not get sumshine and have to stay in the house it feels good to look forward to something after the last 6 weeks also I am going part time at work as parents are now taking a lot of looking after and russ needs a break and a sleep in in the mornings the carers also need more supervision as I am far from happy with them so watch out world i'm on the war path also i sooooooooo need to ge to teh gym and shift some of this flab before my holiday in malta in september have i got the will power the jury is out on that one What did you do today? - Page 3 179790
Back to top Go down
gypsyrose

gypsyrose

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:01 pm

Today I procrastinated about the cleaning I need to do & stuffed around trying out different ways of rearranging furniture instead ... & off course nothing is in a different place .... yet. Not to mention the pile of books, magazines & papers that I need to sort through ... they are still staring at me as I type ... & this frustrates the crap out of me because i've been meaning to sort them out for ages!! What did you do today? - Page 3 615852 Only have myself to blame for that.

At the moment I'm desperately trying to stay awake to watch the 2nd half of the soccer game on TV .... not because the game is boring but because I think all the late nights are starting to catch up with me... and there's still another 2 weeks of this to go What did you do today? - Page 3 506206

Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 4:54 am

JJ, a 94th birthday.... What did you do today? - Page 3 458470 What did you do today? - Page 3 75036 I hope she has a wonderful time, at this point in life every birthday is important isn't it?
I sincerely hope it turns out exactly as you want it to be, but don't go overdoing things will you? I have a mental picture of you rushing around cooking heaps of food and getting yourself in a bit of a fluster....oh perhaps that is because this is something I would do What did you do today? - Page 3 112314
I used to cater lots of parties, I loved doing it...all the prep and the cooking and putting colours together on the platters to make them look pretty...I even decorated specialty cakes...but that was long ago. The last time I catered was my daughter's wedding which was 4 years ago now and held here at my house...my neice ended up kicking me out of the kitchen and taking over because I was so flustered What did you do today? - Page 3 51980 lol! bless her!
What's that white plate of pastries I see you carrying? Sausage rolls? Yum LOL....

GR..I often procrastinate, especially when it involves things like housework LOL.....don't worry too much, if your body and mind feels you can cope with it you will. If you are tired you won't and it will wait for another day...believe me, I know!
I used to spend hours rearranging my furniture only to put it all back where it was to begin with What did you do today? - Page 3 179790 I still spend time now looking around my computer room wondering how I can make it more efficient, truth is, it's ME who's not so efficient so no matter what I do with it, it won't be any better! What did you do today? - Page 3 141443
I need to get myself more organised. BUT, I am not saying this is the same for you. I feel that you need to break from routine.
As far as the soccer goes, can't you record it and watch it later?

I slept 8 straight hours friday night/saturday morning...I NEVER sleep 8 straight hours!! Usually 5 maximum, and that's why I am usually so tired all the time. I grab sleep where I can which is usually on the sofa in the mornings and again in the afternoon and normally about an hour or so at a time - just enough to recharge my batteries.

I feel that I had a successful day yesterday, even though I was cleaning I was happy with what I achieved. I got my hobby room cleaned up and a lot of stuff thrown out or put away. My guest room is now ready for occupancy once more. We had stuff stored in there since we decorated which was about 2 years or so ago now, waiting for us to organise that garage sale that we never had What did you do today? - Page 3 444392 life's like that huh?

My daughter bought a small basket for my granddaughter to carry at their wedding 4 years ago. Bless her, my granddaughter was only a year old and wasn't walking properly then.
She asked me to put some decorative flowers in it for Caitie (my g/d) for her bedroom. I finally did that last night cheers I am giving it to her on Thursday when I see them so I hope she likes it. These are things I love messing about with, I took a photo....

What did you do today? - Page 3 Im001712

Got a bit more stuff to do today but we are going to the footy so I don't have a lot of time....but ahh well....it will get done when it gets done What did you do today? - Page 3 697896
PS.... What did you do today? - Page 3 241627 just noticed the pole behind the basket, this isn't part of it, it's where I left my broom yesterday What did you do today? - Page 3 822193

Have a great weekend What did you do today? - Page 3 76825
Back to top Go down
https://spiritmatters.forumotion.net
Misty
Admin
Misty

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 11:58 pm

thanks all for your wishes , Pleased to say that today for the 1st time in 7day's i am free from pain , i cud so do a hop skip jump lol
I'm still a bit sore and lots of bruising, Saw the doc yesterday and was told i have been so very lucky! lucky i said how do you work that out? I could have been left paralised (spelling) . A officaial complaint by my doc is being done to the doc that did the lumber puncture . I am so grateful that once again i believe my bro and grandpop have helped me through this agony.
I have been told that it could take up to 6wks plus to be 100% so have to take each day as it comes and slowly.

I'm having more blood test done to try find cause , i may have wot my dad has , polysythemia (spelling) to do with my blood hopefully taht i the cause and medication will help with that.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 2:04 am

I looked it up, you can read about it HERE...click here
Back to top Go down
jean jeannie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 6:45 pm

oh I will be running around like a nut for sure sadie I'm starteing the cooking friday night so really it will be easy I'm hoping the temp drops a bit for saturday as its to hot to have to oldies out at present
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 7:07 pm

I dunno why but I always feel excited, like a little kid, when my birthday comes around.....and we have one week to go! Next Monday I will be 54 years old and I don't care who knows LOL.
It's my big brother's birthday tomorrow, 29th June - gosh he will be 63. I posted a card off to him today so I hope it arrives there tomorrow for him.

Back to top Go down
jean jeannie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 7:42 pm

yer birthdays rock
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 12:05 am

I tried to phone my birthday-brother last night but he wasn't home What did you do today? - Page 3 697896 So I couldn't say Happy Birthday to him. Mind you, he thinks that a birthday is just another day anyway - never likes to fuss.

My other brother arrives from Queensland tonight about 10.20pm. Dave is going to pick him up from the airport, which is only about 20 minutes away from us. I am going to work. I will be doing tomorrow morning's jobs tonight so that I can take tomorrow off. We are taking John (brother) the other side of the city (Adelaide) to visit our aunt. She hasn't seen John for a couple of years and she is getting on. I think she still has a few good years yet but she isn't very well, this is why we try to see her as often as we can because you just don't know when your number is up.

Friday afternoon we are putting John on the bus to go to the country - Ardrossan - to visit our older brother Bob (birthday boy). They will have the weekend together and John will come back here on Tuesday morning, spending Tuesday and Wednesday with us before we put him back on a plane next Wednesday night to go home, back to Brisbane.
He has only lived up there for the last 4 1/2 years. Before that he was here with us and I still miss him. We were close, I like to think we still are actually. He has 4 young children and I miss seeing them. I spoke to my neice Megan on the phone one evening, bless her she is only about 6 years old and she is so presice in her speaking but she made me laugh when she told one of the other children that "uncle Barney" was on the phone instead of Auntie Brenda What did you do today? - Page 3 141443

I also get to see my grandkids this week....daughter Dennielle is bringing Caitlin 5 and Dominic 9 to aunt's house on Thursday - I can't wait to see Caitie's little face when I give her the poncho set I made for her. Then on Tuesday my oldest son Michael is coming down to see his uncle before he heads back home. Michael is bringing his children too so I get to see my other grands...Jacob (12), Jessica (10) and Mikayla 8 What did you do today? - Page 3 689525

Right now, it is getting ready for work time.... What did you do today? - Page 3 51980
Back to top Go down
jean jeannie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 10:49 pm

far to busy

I'm getting ready for my adoped mums 94th birthday saturday I have ordered food adn drink to be delivered tomorrow so I can opppppps just changed it to friday as russ is out tomorrow afternoon picking up a sofa for son no 1
so food adn drink will be delivered friday afternoon then will start cooking friday night in between getting my hair dono lol
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 2:17 am

Phew.....had an exhausting week!
Trying to shuffle things around here and there as far as work goes and everything soon catches up with you.

I was so excited to see my brother again. It's been a couple of years since he was here and we haven't been up to Brisbane either. There are always phone calls and email so it doesn't feel like there are that many miles between us, but it is always so nice to see one another face to face. Mind you, I can say the same thing with all my family really - we go a long time in between visits.

Hubby took 3 days off of work on annual leave so that he would be here for brother's visit. I worked Wednesday night so that I could have Thursday off and we visited my aunt who is getting on and so frail these days. She is the other side of town so an hour's drive out to see her. Daughter and granddaughter visited also and I gave Caitlin her poncho set that I had made for her for her birthday. I didn't have any house clients booked for that day anyway so that was a bit of a bonus.

Friday I had a client booked. I clean for this one every 2nd Friday. I did my usual morning jobs and on the way home guess what? The old ticker began to pump again What did you do today? - Page 3 241627 I was no further than a couple of Kms up the road from the hospital at the time but I continued drive home with it hoping that hubby and I could get it sorted, but no..it was being stubborn again so hubby drove me to the hosp where I spent the next few hours. Luckily I didn't need the "adenizine" this time, as soon as they put the needle into my arm my heart shot back down to a regular rhythm. They did the usual, took blood, kept and eye on me for a couple of hours and let me go home. I had already told them there was no way they were choofing me off to the Flinders Hospital - I really don't like that place. I was down at our local hosp at the time, Noarlunga.

Got home just before lunch but these attacks always make me feel so drained afterwards that there was no way I was able to go out to work that day, so I rang my client and put it off till yesterday.
Friday afternoon we were to take brother to the bus in the city so that he could go to Ardrossan to spend some time with our older brother. Guess what? We missed the bus by 10 minutes, so we had to bring him home again. We had to go back to town on Sat morning and this time he was there on time! What did you do today? - Page 3 179790

Monday came...my birthday. I had my usual monday morning jobs to do, 2 of them but they are only an hour each - then I usually have the rest of Monday for myself. However, the mental health place had asked me to clean 2 units that day as well and I had re-scheduled another client that I normally do every 4th Tuesday to the Monday so I could have Tuesday almost free as brother was coming back from Ardrossan and had to be picked up from the bus in town. And when I say town or city, I am meaning Adelaide which is a good 30 - 45 minute drive depending on traffic.
So instead of spending a nice quiet birthday I worked - pretty much all day. Did 2 jobs, went home and had a rest, then went out again and did another 3. But it was ok because I didn't spend the day alone.

I did however start to feel a bit anxious about driving into the city on Tuesday to pick brother up. Hubby went back to work on the monday and wasn't able to get any more time off. I get like this occasionally - anxious I mean.. I think it is the car accident I had a couple of years back that keeps popping into my head and I start to get scared again - lack of confidence. So we planned for me to drive to hubby's work, he would take his lunch break early and we would go to the city and pick brother up, take him back to hubby's work and then I will drive me and brother home - that worked fine! No probs at all.

Wednesday night brother is booked to fly back to Brisbane. I have my usual 3 morning jobs and a house client to do. So I go off early and do my morning routine - I am now hating every minute of this work and can't wait to be finished and back home.
Brother wants to get some presents for his children so I drop him off at the shopping centre on my way out to do my house cleaning and pick him up on the way back - that worked well. He got the presents he wanted and my job got done.
We managed to get him to the airport in plenty of time for his plane as well - phew, alls well that ends well What did you do today? - Page 3 112314
It was so nice to see him and have him here and now back to normality and routine - how boring lol!

So now thursday is here and I not only have my usual jobs but I also have an extra house clean to do because I didn't do it last Friday...I was dreading....BUT, it worked ok and I got through no problems, mind you, my client forgot to leave money for me which was inconvenient as I wanted to put that in the bank to pay a bill. He said he will leave it in his pigeon hole at work, where I also clean this morning. I hope he does otherwise I am stuffed!

So Friday today and the end of the week can't come quick enough for me. I have just usuals to do today....Medical Centre then TPC (mental health place) then home for a little while, then out again to clean house client and I have just remembered that I was meant to clean his house last night instead of today. Oh bugger, now I have to go tonight and do it.

I'm ready to retire curse

Sorry - this is like a dear diary session isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Misty
Admin
Misty

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 3:58 am

why is that when you have speacial visitors to come and stay it seems to take forever for them to arrive, then once there with you the time just flys by ummmmmmm.
Sadie take care What did you do today? - Page 3 60537 as you say your old ticker playing tricks again , heed as a warning slow down .

well today had to go sort some business and open new account ,but the 1 thing i just cant get used to over here is that you need to have your I.D with you basically 24/7. Sat for 20 minutes waiting to be seen at last were called---- explain what we want etc etc then she mentioned the dreaded letters I.D. My heart sinking as it dawns on me i DIDN'T have my I.D. with me, What did you do today? - Page 3 241627 . sorry ma'am we cant proceed without your I.D.. but but i say i have my driving license with photo, proof of address. sorry ma'm you need to have your I.D. curse

Out we go-- only to have to return tomorrow with MY I.D.

I WILL LEARN 1 DAY. What did you do today? - Page 3 822193

Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 6:48 am

So what do they consider to be ID over there Misty?
When we open accounts here we need 100 points. A driver's license with a photo is worth 70 points, then you need say a medicare card and an ATM card or even a bill showing your name and current address. They tried to bring in an ID card over here but it was knocked back, however, that was when they started putting photos on licences - same thing! We also use TFN a lot (tax file numbers).

Your story about waiting reminded me of a funny thing that happened to us, and now I am writing it I think I have have already written about it here before...in any case, here goes. If you have already read this story you're excused from laughing ok? What did you do today? - Page 3 112314

About 18 months ago, hubby bought himself a new car. As he had personalised number plates on the old car he was trading in, he had to go to the motor registry and change the number plates over to the old original ones before he could trade it.
Our new-beaut system at the motor registry is to take a ticket, take a seat and you will be called. It's supposed to be faster but it's not! At our one there are about 7 or 8 counters. In the old days you just lined up and went to the next available counter. Now with this ticket system they have say 2 counters just for re-registration of cars or licenses, one specifically for traders etc. etc. Anyhow, we had to wait....and we waited....and we waited.....we waited for a good 50 minutes if I recall it correctly. And while we were waiting we were listening to the numbers being called and watching them come up on the screen and counting down how many people were ahead of us.....so much fun!

Well....finally our number was called.....it was all very quiet in there too - no one seemed to be talking when I jumped up and yelled out BINGO!!
The whole room of people turned and looked at me and laughed - I laughed too - it's the entertainer in me, can't help it!
We got to the counter and the girl who was to serve us, looking all but about 18 years old, didn't even crack a smile but remarked "I suppose you think that's funny do you?" I replied "yes I do!" Hubby also remarked then that everyone else thinks it was too - they all laughed.
She said " humph....when you hear that so many times a day and every day it's not funny anymore. Did you think you would win a prize or something did you?" I couldn't help but laugh at her, she was so serious! So I carried it on saying that I thought I had won a meat tray or something...I can't remember the remarks I made now but she ended up smiling in the end. That wasn't so hard to do was it? I asked her What did you do today? - Page 3 112314

Some people just don't have a sense of humour anymore. When in fact, the whole reason I yelled out BINGO in the first place was because I was frustrated and annoyed that we had to wait so long.....that's life!!
Back to top Go down
Misty
Admin
Misty

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 6:36 pm

well i had a chuckle sadie, i can just imagine you doing that. It is what is needed more in this world today people need to lighten up.
Ok went got the new account sorted but , my proof of address wasn't good enough , so had to come home get my brother to go with his ID and utility bill then they opened the account, WHAT A PAIN IN THE BUTT.

ID is a booklet with photo, finger prints and a number, address, emergency contact, cant do anything without your ID you need it to buy cell phone, store cards , car , uk was so much easier lol.
What you said about registering your car sadie is basically the same here, you have to go to traffic department , with roadworthy certificate, queue up for hrs to get 1 peice stamp then go to another ection and get your roadworthy disc , change of ownership it takes hrs!!!! this has to be down everytime you buy new car grrrrrrrrrrr, and the other thing which is different out here is your driving licene only lasts 5yrs then you have to reapply thank god no retest as i'm sure i wouldnt pass lol.
Uk was so much easier just put the logbook in the post wait about 2wks and it was posted back to you.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:02 pm

It just shows the differences between countries doesn't it? We have a choice here of license renewal. We can get from 1 year to 10 years. Up to 5 years you can rewew without having another photo taken, this is a new thing mind you and the first time I have ever done it without a new photo. They used my photo from 5 years ago on my current license. I renewed this one for 1 year due to costs. But it was only $42 or something for a year so not bad. You don't have to show log books or anything, just the paper they send you in the post. Or you can do it online using a credit card as long as you don't need a photo. Once you hit 70 then you have to go and take another driving test so I have a while yet LOL.
Back to top Go down
suziesheree
Admin
suziesheree

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 3:15 pm

What did you do today? - Page 3 3046
after 2mths of painful shoulder went to doctor had ct and xray on my neck! Have diminshed spacing between c4/c5 and c5/c6, one impacting on 6th nerve What did you do today? - Page 3 444392 and the other on spinal cord Shocked have to make appointment with neuro surgeon to see what next steps are scratch GP says probably cortisone injections for pain and thats all
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 5:35 pm

Ouch. My son-in-law had those. He said they were very painful
Back to top Go down
jean jeannie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:44 pm

I’m in the office all day today not sitting on the laptop in my jimjams lol
Its been a busy couple of weeks, with mums 94th birthday party 2 weeks ago, last weekend we went to Cornwall to stay with friends, we visited King Arthur’s castle, walked right to the top of the hill (lots and lots of steps) and even saw the cave Merlin was reported to live in, the weekend just Gone we moved son no 1 and girlfriend into there first flat, they are stoked Paula keeps walking around and saying is this all ours Bless, its only a 1 bed with a lounge, kitchen and bathroom but its big enough for them and they love it. So I’m at a bit of a loss now nothing to plan or work for, the next adventure is our holiday in Malta in September 68 sleeps to go, then saving like mad for Perth in April for my 50th
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 10:02 pm

Another week has come and gone. And yet another just started. It seems I am wishing my life away week by week waiting for the weekends, Saturdays basically, to be able to wind down somewhat.
I have changed some of my working hours to night times. Instead of Wednesday mornings and weekends, I will now clean the SHine office on Tuesday and Friday evenings, and while I am there I will do the medical centre right afterwards as they are in the same street.
This means I can now have Saturdays off completely What did you do today? - Page 3 236864
It was great last week, I slept in on Saturday until 8.45am, almost 9 hours sleep!! Sunday, Dave came with me to help me clean the medical centre which is always good to have help but I always feel as if I have to rush around when he is there so we can get done, because he wants to go home. When we finished and I was checking lights etc. I noticed a heap of handmarks on the windows out the front and I was grrrrrr....when we used to work together all the time he used to do a wonderful job on that glass but this time curse
He said he had cleaned it but it looked like it hasn't been touched and I told him so.... I said if I was doing stuff for him at his work and it wasn't done properly I would expect him to tell me....well, this is my domain so you do it properly or leave it alone but let me know so I can do it if you don't! (am I a bitch?) What did you do today? - Page 3 893717
By the time I saw this all the gear had been packed away and doors locked etc so I said I will tackle it when I go in again, which is early tomorrow, Tuesday. Hmmmph...

My doctor gave me some more tablets last week, I'm going to rattle soon! These ones are to help prevent the SVT attacks and I think they could be working because I have had a couple of flutters but nothing more, so fingers crossed that they help the situation. Otherwise the next step is quarterization of a part of my heart to stop it happening.
I know that the SVTs are brought on by stress and anxiety which is largely due to financial affairs so I have put all my accounts into the hands of specialists. This starts tomorrow as soon as I speak with the woman who is handling it. For a small fee she will talk to my creditors take my money and pay all my bills and give me enough back for basic weekly needs such as shopping and petrol etc. As long as I have money for that and the bills are paid I won't need to worry anymore - it will be wonderful.

Tonight I went to bed at 10 past 9, woke up at 10:45 and can't sleep any more....grrrr...So I am on here trying to clear my head - I have all sorts of stuff running through there at the moment What did you do today? - Page 3 822193 Maybe after this I can sleep, at least till the alarm goes off at 3am.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 4:37 am

Actually yesterday, not today because it is only 6am (almost) so my day hasn't started yet What did you do today? - Page 3 179790

Hubby had a voucher from his work for $50 to spend at one of their clearance centres. He works for FIELDERS which is a division of HILLS. Well, apparently Fielders is now owned 100% by Hills so as a welcome they sent every Fielders employee one of these vouchers.

Yesterday we decided to go down to the clearance centre to look for a small ladder for me for work. I saw the ideal thing, it isn't a ladder as such but rather like a folding step-stool with 2 rungs, perfect for me when I need that extra height, and really sturdy. That was only $36 so we had to look for something else to make up the $50. Hubby suggested that I should get another clothes airer as the one I have now is useless, I think I got it for $2 from Cheap As Chips or somewhere What did you do today? - Page 3 112314 And I use it every weekend when I wash all my cloths and mops ready for work for the next week.

So...we looked at all these airers and decided that the one we both liked the best was a 3-tier on castors. Excellent, this will save me from using my dryer so much too, as I do in winter. Trouble was it was $69 for the airer...hmmm ok, well we can put some money towards it, me thinks.

Got to the counter and as soon as my husband mentioned he had a voucher the guy said "oh you work at Fielders?" when hubby asked how he knew he said they have had heaps of people in all from Fielders with vouchers What did you do today? - Page 3 822193 we should have figured that out scratch

Anyhow, with staff discount that $69 airer came down to $17, I have no idea what the step-stool was. But we ended up buying more stuff to make up the $50, just drinking glasses and pegs, stuff like that. But then, hubby couldn't get the airer in the car....LOL we knew this would happen!!
These Holden Astras might be a bit of luxury but certainly not good space-wise. It was too wide for the boot, it was too wide for the backseat and it was too tall for the back seat as well, so hubby had to put the top down, put the airer on the back seat and have it sticking up and driving home that way = lucky we have a convertible, but it was freezing!! I suppose I should be happy for small mercies, it wasn't raining! What did you do today? - Page 3 893717

Back to top Go down
Misty
Admin
Misty

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 12:33 am

you got a bonus then with the steps, i can jut visualize you driving down street with airer sticking out haha.

My day well decided to sort out the dvd's----- tell me why cant men put the correct dvd in it's corret box took me forever to do , i was going to do the same with the video's but dreaded trawling through 75 of them, hubby wont throw any out.

Had to go to brothers house so we could have a bath, been a water pipe burst here on friday ,( in the road) it' has not been fixed properly o water is down to a mere dribble, luckily bro only lives next treet down from us quick 5min walk.
been told water wont be back on now till tuesday as dont work weeknds and Monday i a bank holiday.

Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 3:40 am

Goodness! It just goes to show the difference in countries...here they would have been out there working regardless of the day. Water is a necessary resource. Glad you at least have your brother close by.

I used my brand new, you-beaut - convection oven today. I have never used one before and the whole reason I wanted one in the first place was because a friend told me he cooked a turkey in one in 12 minutes. Yeah, I think that may have been a slight exaggeration!
I bought a lovely 6 legged chicken and hubby prepared the veg for me while I was at work so when I got home I just had to put it on.
Over an hour later the veg were cooked and I thought the chicken was so I took it all out and dished up. The veg were nice on the outside but hard inside, the extra chook legs were ok but didn't taste quite right to me and there was still blood dripping from the undercooked chook.

I don't know if it's safe to put that chook back in now that it has been out (covered) overnight, what do you think? You have to be so careful with poultry and bacteria.
I wanted to buy a cheapie convection ($69) to see what they were like but hubby insisted on having the best so we spent almost $300 on it, now I don't know if I will actually use it. But, having said that, I probably will, just need to study the book a bit more I guess.
Back to top Go down
suziesheree
Admin
suziesheree

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 6:22 am

no its not safe to recook it, you could use the cooked meat cold or reheat that but you can't try reccoking the bit that didn't work. I've never understood what a cobnvection oven really is? Isn't it like a fan forced oven and slow cooker thing combined? What did you do today? - Page 3 444392 i have no idea!
Glad you got your ladder!
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 10:39 am

Thanks Suzie, yes I thought that was the case because chicken is dangerously high in bacteria and the uncooked portion would still have the bacteria breeding in it. Just to be sure I checked with the butcher this morning and he verified that and said for the sake of a few bucks, throw it away, so this is what I'll be doing.
A convention oven is a round thing with a glass bowl. Not a slow cooker at all. It is like a fan-forced so it cooks quite fast and there is no wasted energy like there is in your normal oven. Apparently you can cook anything in them, I just have to learn how! LOL
What did you do today? - Page 3 Convec10
I had a quick "google" this morning and found recipe clubs and stuff so I may have a bit of a look at those when I have time.
Back to top Go down
suziesheree
Admin
suziesheree

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 4:02 pm

oh one of those things! My aunt has one and loves it, her oven had died and she used this for everything, now she has a new oven though i think its collecting dust What did you do today? - Page 3 112314
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What did you do today?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spirit Matters :: General Chat :: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening-
Jump to: