Spirit Matters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spirit Matters

All types of paranormal discussed

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What did you do today?

Go down 
+2
jean jeannie
Sadie
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

What did you do today? Empty
PostSubject: What did you do today?   What did you do today? Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 10:57 pm

I thought I would start this general topic, just so that we have something to chat about.

What did I do today? I went out at 3.30am and cleaned the medical centre I do every day. After that I went to the mental health place and cleaned that, then I went to the sexual health place and cleaned that What did you do today? 179790
It seems that most of the places I clean have something to do with health in one way or another.

After I left the sexual health place I drove down to the esplanade, which is only a few yards down the road really - I could have walked LOL. BUT....I parked the car and got out. Looking at the beach, it was so cold and damp and disappointing to see lots of dried seaweed washed up on the sand. The tide was on its way out. I stood at the rail just watching the ebbing of the ocean whilst eating my banana I had taken with me. Breathing in the sea air, but really it was too cold to go down onto the beach.
Christies Beach used to be so nice once, it's sad to see it deteriorate.

I got back into the car and drove along the esplanade and up to the service station as I needed to top up with some gas. Oh boy! I had a real hard time getting the screw thingy to go on the gas tank and had to ask someone for help, which I got, but then I had to ask again to get the darned thing off because it was so tight and I have very little strength left in my wrists. Then I came home. Attended to some phone calls and got on here for a bit. Sat in the lounge and watched a bit of "Medium" and fell asleep, only for about 1/2 hour though. Then I went off and did my house clean down at Moana which is about 20 minutes from home.

This evening, after tea I sat and did a bit of crochet in front of the TV, watching "Most Haunted". I'm making a poncho for my granddaughter for her birthday but I'm not happy with it. I might pull it down and start again - lol - me, always the perfectionist. Then I went out and did the medical centre tonight because I have extra to do at the mental health place tomorrow. Anyway I get to sleep in for a bit LOL.

So now, it is 12.27am Thursday and I am having my last cup of decaf before I hit the sack.

Your turn.....
Back to top Go down
https://spiritmatters.forumotion.net
jean jeannie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:38 pm

went to work still here :-( Then off to see Gemma to start my new liquid diet (I have warned work I will be a bitch for at least 2 weeks - no change there then they see cheek )
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 6:27 am

What did you do today? 179790
Back to top Go down
jean jeannie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 6:13 pm

OMG I new I had put weight on but not THAT MUCH I'm on;y 5ft nothing and I'm just over 14 stone affraid
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 6:49 pm

I just had to convert my weight. I currently weigh around the 70kg mark (give or take a few grams LOL) this converts to 154lbs and then to 11 stone affraid
I too am 5ft nothing JJ, actually I am under 5ft, about 4' 11"
Back to top Go down
jean jeannie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:56 pm

11 stone would be good What did you do today? 903996
Back to top Go down
Misty
Admin
Misty

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 9:07 pm

What did you do today? 112314 must be something in the british water!!!! i'm also 4.11, but sori ladies---- 7 1/2 stone about 58kgs i think.
Back to top Go down
jean jeannie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 9:33 pm

I lost 6 3/4 lb and 2 1/2 inches off my waist
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:12 pm

cheers yayyyy great going JJ Applause What did you do today? 236864
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:32 pm

Hmmm, what did I do today?
Same bloody thing I do every day! What did you do today? 112314
Went to work, then on to my second job, (on Wednesdays I say on to my third What did you do today? 179790 )
Then I came home, had a cup of coffee and some toast, oh yesterday I had crumpets instead, sat on the sofa and watched a bit of telly, have a little nap because I am usually up at 3am and by this time it is usually about 8 am or so. (I usually only nap for about an hour maximum)
Got ready to go out and do another job but I had to put some gas in my car so I went to the servo and did that, surprised at myself and patting myself on the back because I didn't have to ask for help from anyone.
Usually I get the stupid thing cross-threaded or something and I can't get it to work, or else I can't get it off again!
So, I was pleased that I did it right. Someone's car alarm started to go off just at the precise time I pulled the lever so I thought it was the gas pump and almost sh** myself because it kept going too! But when I let the lever go and the noise was still going I realised it wasn't the pump LOL - I even had a laugh about it when to the girl when I went inside to pay....
Got back into my car and drove over the road to the shopping centre - all I needed was a can of furniture polish - ahh finally, here is an empty space, so I pulled into the space and as I did I felt this bump and heard a noise....crap! I had bumped into the car next to me and an old couple were watching me as they were walking past...oh sh**...
I sat for a while wondering what to do but then decided to get out and assess the damage, there were 2 small scratches and a small dent on the other car so I thought I would go in to the shops and think about this while I was there. I got frustrated in the supermarket because I couldn't find the tin of polish I was going to buy so I had to buy a more expensive one - I had walked up and down this aisle that many times looking for the polish to begin with! Our supermarket have had a big change around and I haven't bought any polish sine they did that and I was getting grrrrrrr umpy!!!!
Then a thought occured to me that I was going to get a few bits after I had finished the house clean I was on my way to do - ahh well, I may as well get them now, so I did. Got to the checkout, HA! yeah, I left the shopping bag in the bloody car! So I had to carry them - good job there weren't too many items. I had to go to the chemist for something as well and luckily the lady there gave me a bag to put all my stuff in. Usually these days you have to buy them as we have outlawed plastic shopping bags here.

So I then wandered back to the car and the car that I bumped into had gone....I'm not going to tell....I've had loads of times when someone has hit me in the car park and the last thing I need right now is another repair bill.
Geeze, when is my luck going to change for the better? Anyway, I went and did that job, came home and had some lunch and did a bit of crocheting and got tired so I put up my crocheting and laid down on the sofa again for another nap....I reckon my eyes were closed for 10 minutes max when the bloody phone rang....I picked it up and no one was there. Well...there was a pause and then they hung up...grrrr. Then my friend came over for coffee so forget sleeping today LOL.

Sorry my days are so boring, I wish is had something spectacular to put into this. Take care.
Back to top Go down
jean jeannie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 5:05 pm

That’s not boring that’s bloody busy, I have just been going to work coming home and ringing my brother and sister in Perth for news on Mum she is still with us, she sleeps most of the time they put the phone to her ear and I had a chat she new it was me and tried to talk but not much came out but I got to hear her voice again so that’s all good, I had a good chuckle at them having to sit with mum listening to Elvis play (they hate Elvis cos mum played it day and night when they were growing up) Its driving them mad Good on ya mum What did you do today? 112314
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:23 pm

LOL good that she has the last say! Let us know how she is going JJ.
Yeah, I'm busy but still boring, same stuff different day is all. Going to my daughter's tomorrow for lunch - it's been quite a while since we've seen them, actually since her graduation day! (I think)
Be nice for a change.
Back to top Go down
jean jeannie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:49 pm

That will be nice, its a long weekend here, I have ordered a skip and the garden is being cleared ready for the over haul next weekend we are getting a bbq and new garden furniture ready for a nice summer ( I hope) Mind you I am working for a couple of hours monday but a double time thats not to bad
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 2:14 am

"It's raining, it's pouring, my old man is snoring...."

It's true!! It's absolutely chucking it down in bucketfulls outside...... it started yesterday afternoon, thankfully after I had gotten home from doing my last house clean job for the week, but it hasn't let up since! And since it is now only 3.30am I can hear my hubby snoring his little head off in the bedroom LOL...so the nursery rhyme comes true What did you do today? 141443

Anyhow, gotta get some clothes on and get to work. Just the medical centre this morning and home again. Then I can get cleaned up and head north to Dennielle's & Mark's house. (Daughter and son in law)
They have put in a new spa and vegie garden and want to show it off, naturally, so we have been invited for lunch today. Mind you, it takes us a little over an hour to get there and then the same to get home again and we want to be home in time to watch the footy game tonight between our Crows and the Saints which starts at 7pm tonight.
Tea is already cooked, I made a beautiful pot of stew in the slow cooker yesterday. Hubby had 2 bowls LOL. So just need to add some more meat and a few more bits of veg to it today and it will be ready for when we get home. I love stew this weather! What did you do today? 689525

Ok so off now...have a great weekend everyone What did you do today? 779303
Back to top Go down
jean jeannie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 9:36 pm

who won the footy my brother is the biggest staints fan bless he can't help it What did you do today? 112314
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:39 am

The Saints won JJ....it was so disappointing! LOL The Crows were playing really well but then in that last quarter the Saints dominated the whole thing. However, we didn't really expect a win from the Crows as they haven't been playing that well this season, we just want them to get in there and get their confidence back and the first half of the game showed that.
Back to top Go down
jean jeannie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 4:34 pm

So where in the table are the saints I know the Dockers are joint first (mum's team)
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:58 pm

1. Geelong (Cats) % 156.08
2. Fremantle (Dockers) % 127.82
3. Collingwood (Magpies)
4. St. Kilda (Saints)
5. Western Bulldogs
6. Carlton (Blues)
7. Sydney (Swans)
8. Essendon (Bombers)
9. Brisbane (Lions)
10. Port Adelaide (Power)
11. Hawthorn (Hawks)
12. Melbourne (Demons)
13. North Melbourne (Kangaroos)
14. West Coast (Eagles)
15. Adelaide (Crows)
16. Richmond (Tigers)

The Dockers are in 2nd place because of percentage. This is worked out by how many points the team won by.
Back to top Go down
jean jeannie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 8:14 pm

I so miss the footy What did you do today? 903996
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:51 pm

I did something different today - I went to work 1/2 an hour later! What did you do today? 85334
I started at 4.30 at the medical centre, then went to to SHine and then to TPC (mental health). Finished about 8.30 so that wasn't bad I guess - 4 hours. I came home and had some brekkie and a nap on the lounge. Woke up and made some phone calls, had coffee and went out and did my house clean at Moana which is about 20 minutes from home. Took the usual 2 hours to do that then went to the supermarket and bought some diced beef and some frozen special fried rice for tea. Was home again by about 3pm. Slept a little bit then did some crocheting. Hubby came home and after a while we cooked tea together - he made the stir fry and I cooked the rice - it was delicious but it burnt my tongue LOL - he always adds sweet chilli sauce - yum but hot!

I rang my brother in Brisbane tonight. I think I mentioned that he is flying to Adelaide for a week's holiday at the end of the month. He wanted us to go to our older brother's house at Ardrossan (in the country) but I can't go this time so we are now working out how long he will stay with me and then he will get the bus to Ardrossan then back to me for me to put him on the plane back to Brissy. Dave and I are hoping to fly up there for Christmas, it's been a few years since we were in Queensland and we love it up there.

Then I went back to work tonight. Just finished the medical centre, it is 12.20 Thursday morning now. This is instead of going out at 4am. I have quite a bit on later today so I thought I would get the medical out of the way tonight. So glad that's done!
So there you go...that was another boring day for me LOL.
Back to top Go down
suziesheree
Admin
suziesheree

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 8:14 pm

I think i prefer your day to the crap we have had at work this week. State manager came in last week and blasted the management about stupid stuff and I mean stupid stuff! Do you even know that Target has 3 different shelf colours? probably not but we have to waste our time making sure they are all the same colour! We also have to spend hours this week scraping sticky tape residue off shelves, colour co-ordinating folders used in the refunds area, no-one bothered about setting up the ad that started today so lucky me when the toy staff rang in sick and both the managers for that side of the store decided to come in late (1pm), 3 register operators rang in sick and out of the staff on the sales floor there are only 2 of us that know registers and so there was 1.5hrs from my time spent there. Managed to get my tea break at 12:45 went to lunch at 2:30 for and hour and then went home at 4:30! Glad i'm NOT working tomorrow when the state manager comes back in to see if they've done everything
Back to top Go down
jean jeannie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 8:55 pm

omg some people are so silly and up ther own a**e
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 1:33 am

I didn't know Target had colours for anything except coathangers for sizes, or is that Big W? Does it really matter to the customer? Maybe we should be posting "Work Griefs" under Getting it off our chest topic What did you do today? 112314

I went to TPC yesterday, spent an hour as usual cleaning the admin building - they aren't too bad in there actually. I had been asked to clean a unit yesterday too. These units have 3 bedrooms each with it's own ensuite bathroom/toilet. And then there are the common areas, Lounge, dining, kitchen (all in one but large areas) laundry and hallway. They usually take about 2 hours to clean as I normally have only 1 bedroom at a time, which was the case yesterday.

But the guy who had been living in there had been there on his own for about 6 months and he is a painter. He hadn't bothered to wash the paint off of his hands before doing anything else so there were paint fingerprints and paint marks everywhere - and I mean everywhere! Plus the fact that he hadn't bothered to clean anything in the 6 months he was there. This is a staff problem because they are supposed to help these people get ready to be back out into society and living on their own, which includes cleaning, but obviously the staff hadn't bothered and the unit checks either hadn't been done or the staff were walking around with blindfolds on - either way it is going to be a big issue now because I complained about it yesterday. It took me 4 hours to clean that unit, that is 1 bedroom and ensuite, a laundry room, a hallway and the lounge/dining/kitchen. I had to wash down all the paintwork, the walls, the doors, power points and light switches because of his painted hands. Not to mention the dining table and chairs and the coffee table were all smothered in paint too. Underneath the cushions on the lounge suite was 6 months of crumbs and paper etc. Every single cupboard had to be cleaned out and wiped out. There were cobwebs galore everywhere. Every cupboard door in the kitchen was painted with both paint and cooking oil drips, the microwave and fridge were filthy, even the toaster and the kettle were covered in paint fingerprints and dirt. I could go on and on but you get the gist.

After 4 hours of intensive scrubbing I called it quits. They wanted me to go on and do a bedroom and a bathroom in another unit but I said I will do that tomorrow (today) then they asked me to check another one to see if that needs cleaning...what the curse do they think I am? So, anyway I came home and then I got a phone call. It seems someone has gone into that unit behind me and it's not good enough! affraid They say it is sticky, I said probably from all the cooking oil everywhere - that stuff should be BANNED!!

So, I am back there today to redo the kitchen, then I still have the other unit to do, and after all that is done I have the manager's house to clean. He wasn't there yesterday so he wouldn't know anything about this yet but I was so bloody annoyed that they allow these people to get these places in such a state then expect me to have it all cleaned as if it were brand new - well I wish I could!

So there, I have had my whinge LOL. I have other What did you do today? 615852 going on too at the moment. Right on the week when I was quitting smoking. I quit on 1st june and started again on 1st june - so much stress happening at the moment..

Have a nice day....
Back to top Go down
gypsyrose

gypsyrose

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 1:20 pm

Gosh sadie, I don't know how you do it! That unit sounded gross by the way Shocked

This morning I cleaned the bathroom & toilet & that was enough for me What did you do today? 112314 Usually cleaning will get me out of a narky mood but today it didn't succeed. I really should go for a walk to get rid of this crappy energy but I don't know if those black clouds out there are going to hold out ... What did you do today? 444392 Hmmm maybe I'll give it a go & hope for the best What did you do today? 780646
Back to top Go down
jean jeannie

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 11:24 pm

I will be happy to see and end to this crappy day What did you do today? 903996
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do today?   What did you do today? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What did you do today?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spirit Matters :: General Chat :: Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening-
Jump to: