Spirit Matters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spirit Matters

All types of paranormal discussed

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

One to Ponder

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jean jeannie

One to Ponder Empty
PostSubject: One to Ponder   One to Ponder Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:10 pm

OK - now here is a question about re-incarnation. So, when the scientists successfully manage to clone a human (if they have not already) then what about their Spirit/Soul??????
Do they manage to clone the soul, split the soul or would another soul join the clone
Back to top Go down
gypsyrose

gypsyrose

One to Ponder Empty
PostSubject: Re: One to Ponder   One to Ponder Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:30 pm

One to Ponder 51980 Hmmm that's a good question .... never thought about that .... but can't quite get my head around it this late at night lol - i guess the new being would get it's own soul - don't think the soul/spirit/essence can be cloned, just the physical body ... & I don't know about splitting the soul ?? might need to sleep on it & come back to this tomorrow ... One to Ponder 444392
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

One to Ponder Empty
PostSubject: Re: One to Ponder   One to Ponder Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:10 pm

WOW that is a good question. One of which I certainly have no answer to, nor could I speculate.
Back to top Go down
https://spiritmatters.forumotion.net
jean jeannie

One to Ponder Empty
PostSubject: Re: One to Ponder   One to Ponder Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:35 pm

you can speculate its just our opinions One to Ponder 681981
Back to top Go down
Misty
Admin
Misty

One to Ponder Empty
PostSubject: Re: One to Ponder   One to Ponder Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:39 am

As the body cannot function without the soul then the soul i would think , could not be spilt, cloned ,etc.

The soul is the 'I' of the body . 1 cannot function without the other.

Another thought does everything have a soul , from rock's to the single blade of grass????
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

One to Ponder Empty
PostSubject: Re: One to Ponder   One to Ponder Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 2:22 am

I don't think all things have a soul - just my opinion One to Ponder 444392
I do believe that people and animals do because they have a brain and can think, but as far as a rock, no. Blade of grass or tree? I do believe they had an aura but not necessarily a soul.
Back to top Go down
stormygt

stormygt

One to Ponder Empty
PostSubject: Re: One to Ponder   One to Ponder Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:58 am

hmm...well for starters, i think that everything that feels emotions has a soul...as for cloning...maybe the soul is cloned along with the body
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

One to Ponder Empty
PostSubject: Re: One to Ponder   One to Ponder Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 2:12 pm

I don't like to think that we can clone a soul - I don't even like to think that we can clone a human really, what would they be like? How would they develop their personality?
I like to think that something is sacred and the making of a human being or an animal is for nature not for science.
Back to top Go down
jean jeannie

One to Ponder Empty
PostSubject: Re: One to Ponder   One to Ponder Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 6:19 pm

Interesting that we are having this discussion now as they announce that scientists have successfully created artificial life,
Back to top Go down
stormygt

stormygt

One to Ponder Empty
PostSubject: Re: One to Ponder   One to Ponder Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:26 pm

jean jeannie wrote:
Interesting that we are having this discussion now as they announce that scientists have successfully created artificial life,

wait, was that the thing they were saying they created life from chemicals and it could cure cancer?
personally i dont get any of that.....just...HOW????
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

One to Ponder Empty
PostSubject: Re: One to Ponder   One to Ponder Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:46 pm

I thought I heard something like that on the radio just today...have to look at some news I guess. I hate the thought of scientists interfering AGAIN with nature - no wonder this world is in crisis. I can't understand though how this artificial person would have a personality, a soul, anything really...maybe I better do some reading before I get carried away LOL
Back to top Go down
jean jeannie

One to Ponder Empty
PostSubject: Re: One to Ponder   One to Ponder Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:56 pm

In our world it good to think and talk about these things
Back to top Go down
stormygt

stormygt

One to Ponder Empty
PostSubject: Re: One to Ponder   One to Ponder Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:54 pm

just did a quick search which has explained it a little (at least, the story i heard). this guy explains that a scientist has, basically, created some dna using chemicals and transpanted it into a living cell and keep it going and replicating by itself (listen to the first audio on the link)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/news/2010/05/100521_synthetic_life_nh_sl.shtml
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

One to Ponder Empty
PostSubject: Re: One to Ponder   One to Ponder Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 1:14 am

I did a quick search too. What I read was that they take DNA from someone and fertilize an egg (or something like that) then implant it into a woman's womb - similar to IVF I should think but without sperm. Creepy. What's going to happen to our men if we don't need them anymore?
Back to top Go down
jean jeannie

One to Ponder Empty
PostSubject: Re: One to Ponder   One to Ponder Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 2:52 am

oh I will always need my man One to Ponder 112314
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

One to Ponder Empty
PostSubject: Re: One to Ponder   One to Ponder Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 6:59 am

Ditto JJ One to Ponder 236864
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

One to Ponder Empty
PostSubject: Re: One to Ponder   One to Ponder Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One to Ponder
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spirit Matters :: Beyond The Physical Realm :: The Soul & The Afterlife-
Jump to: