Spirit Matters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spirit Matters

All types of paranormal discussed

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is time travel possible?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

Is time travel possible? Empty
PostSubject: Is time travel possible?   Is time travel possible? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 8:59 am

This is a subject in which I am really interested in - along with reincarnation - I think, in a way, they go hand in hand.

Whist reading about Spirit women on here I was reminded of this story I read a long time ago about 2 english teachers who went through a time slip while they were in France. It's a fascinating story and because there is such a lot to read, I won't put it here, instead I will provide the link to the page where you can read at your leisure.
It was called the Moberly-Jourdain Incident. You can find it by clicking on the name.

There is much speculation to time travel and my honest opinion on the subject is:
If we were to go up into space in a space ship and travel for say 20 years at the speed of light. When we returned to Earth, we would have only aged 20 years but the Earth would have aged much more than that and the people that we knew and loved would have been gone for a long time.

This I think was the theory used in the "Planet of The Apes" movies.
However, I don't think you can go backwards in time because it has already happened. Time doesn't stand still, it moves on so what we did 5 minutes ago can only be repeated if we do it all over again, a second time - not going back and doing it again in the time sense - does that make sense?

Anyhow, I would love to hear your thoughts on the subject.
Back to top Go down
https://spiritmatters.forumotion.net
gypsyrose

gypsyrose

PostSubject: Re: Is time travel possible?   Is time travel possible? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 8:36 pm

Interesting topic sadie Is time travel possible? 681981 Is time travel possible? 236864
I don't know .... without reading the link yet, I would have to say i'm a fence-sitter when it comes to time travel - not saying i don't think it's possible but can't say i'm completely convinced that it is possible either ... I don't know, it's just a difficult one for me to get my head around Is time travel possible? 444392 Kind of reminds me of the movie "The Lakehouse" (whihc by the way i loved).

The whole idea about travelling into the past - I agree with sadie - its already happened so technically u would be influencing/impacting on the present by been in the past which would mean re-writing history & re-writing the present & this would have a domino effect on so many things & change so many paths & destinies ... if that makes any sense Is time travel possible? 893717 I don't think you can 'undo' the past; only influence the future by been in the present. What's done is done. It's a tough one because i do believe we can see into the future even though it hasn't 'happened' yet ... although i don't believe that everything in the future is set in stone or predestined (but think some things are inevitable regardless of whether we alter our actions/behaviours or not) ... i sometimes think of the future as a dimension made up of what we are giving off energetically in the present through thought processes, emotions & actions ... geez, what am i trying to say here Is time travel possible? 51980 .... wouldn't travelling into the future alter the present ... which would then in a sense be 'the past' because we have moved into the future?? Which again for me raises the question - can we change the past? and i don't think we can ...???

I think i should stop now cause i'm going round in circles & getting myself all confused lol Is time travel possible? 615852 Is time travel possible? 51980 scratch Am more than open to hear other peoples thoughts on this one Is time travel possible? 681981
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Is time travel possible?   Is time travel possible? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 12:08 am

Is time travel possible? 112314 it gets you like that ay GR?
For my opinion, a very quick one, past = no, future = yes. But once you get there, you cannot go back.
Back to top Go down
seraphimxx1

seraphimxx1

PostSubject: Re: Is time travel possible?   Is time travel possible? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 11:07 am

Is time travel possible? 179790

Yes I do believe that it is possible.
Ex: Ancient Egyptian Flying Vehicles: Planes, Trains & automobiles. Well.. Submarines. Ancient Egyptian petro glyphs indicate that our present flying machines were seen before Christ (BC & CE).
http://www.crystalinks.com/ancientaircraft.html
[img]Is time travel possible? Fd283d3a[/img]

Ex: Mental time travel (MTT) is the ability to mentally project oneself backward in time to relive past experiences and forward in time to pre-live possible future experiences. Previous work has focused on MTT in its voluntary (controlled) form.
Is time travel possible? 1a420def

Science: http://www.umich.edu/~engtt415/psychology
Astral Voyages. He states, "It is relatively simple to traverse time while on the astral plane. All one needs to do is focus on a specified period of time in the "past" or "future", and he or she will be instantaneously transported there." One technique he recommends for shorter trips is to imagine a clock face with its hands rapidly turning forward or backward. http://www.astralvoyage.com/projection/timetravel_english.html

Ex: My favorite movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48FsrdtIhWs
Somewhere in time: Starring Christopher Reeves and Jane Seymore. He travels back in time to find her. Seymour.
Back to top Go down
gypsyrose

gypsyrose

PostSubject: Re: Is time travel possible?   Is time travel possible? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 7:51 pm

Sadie wrote:
Is time travel possible? 112314 it gets you like that ay GR?
For my opinion, a very quick one, past = no, future = yes. But once you get there, you cannot go back.

Ah sadie! Is time travel possible? 236864 I think that pretty much sums up in a nutshell what I was rambling on about before. I agree - if you can travel into the future, then that's it - you can't go back because the past is the past .... & I don't think u can travel back into the past .... but that's just me lol
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Is time travel possible?   Is time travel possible? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 1:03 am

We watched "Somewhere In Time" tonight (again!). It was hubby's choice because he has never seen it from the beginning and he loves the music. As usual, hubby and I discuss the possibilites of the things we see in movies. So once again, is time travel possible?
I came to the conclusion that it is if we do it in our minds, we can not take our physical bodies back to the past because it's not really there - it's gone, past, history. But I recalled a meditation I had once where I went back centuries. The people I saw there were dressed in clothing you would expect to see in a Robin Hood movie. I saw a family of mum and dad, son about 9 and daughter about 15 walking along a path. They didn't see me at all, but I watched them walk past. The dad had like a long basket on his back full of twigs and wood, I guess they had been out gathering wood for their fires and were on their way home. The dad had his hand on his son's shoulder as they were walking and dad was talking to son - again I couldn't hear what was being said. Mum was walking a bit away and daughter was dawdling like in a daydream world as girls of that age do.
But this was a meditation so it only existed in my mind. However, I feel that I had a glimpse of the past but I wasn't really there. Does that make sense?
Back to top Go down
seraphimxx1

seraphimxx1

PostSubject: Beyond & Back   Is time travel possible? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:51 pm

Yes it certainly does. Our minds are a powerful tool yet if person is unable to transform or transport him or herself…. Hypnosis has been utilized for years. From Past Life Regression. Or as mentioned above: Involuntary (spontaneous) mental time travel into the past and future (or voluntary as you have witness & experienced).
BTW: Thank-you for sharing your story & watching the movie. I still go haaaaa….exhale.... just thinking about it. Is time travel possible? 697896 That darn Penny.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Is time travel possible?   Is time travel possible? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 3:22 am

Somewhere In Time was one of my mother's favourites. She loved the music and so do we. I love the piece by Rachmaninov "Rhapsody on a Theme of Paginini" so beautifully done - I wish I could play like that.

Is time travel possible? 643597 Is time travel possible? 354365
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is time travel possible?   Is time travel possible? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is time travel possible?
Page 1 of 1