Spirit Matters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spirit Matters

All types of paranormal discussed

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If I Had My Life To Do Over.......

Go down 
+5
seraphimxx1
Rah nam
suziesheree
Misty
Sadie
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

If I Had My Life To Do Over....... Empty
PostSubject: If I Had My Life To Do Over.......   If I Had My Life To Do Over....... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 12:18 pm

I have just posted in the inspiration thread and the thought occurred to me that this is one question we should all have individial answers to....
"If I had my life to do over, would I do it all the same?"
If not, what changes would you make?

I'd like to get your opinions before I put my two cents worth in.
Back to top Go down
https://spiritmatters.forumotion.net
Misty
Admin
Misty

PostSubject: Re: If I Had My Life To Do Over.......   If I Had My Life To Do Over....... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 3:21 pm

UMMM got me thinking, So yes and no

YES

for the mistakes and some BIG ones then yes, Started of married life with a small loan but took forever to pay back .

For not spending enough time with some family members ,never getting the chance to say goodbye to my bro .

For having a big bust up with a dear friend, (over something now
so trival) did make up later thou

Listening to my dad , yep he was right
If I Had My Life To Do Over....... 179790

NO
For the life i had in Germany, my hubby, my kid's, all the stress and worries, arguments we have had , and i'm sure more to come If I Had My Life To Do Over....... 179790

Finally for all the mistakes i have made , as if wasn't for those mistakes i wouldn't have learnt a hard lesson in some respects, as it has made me who i am toda
y.
Back to top Go down
suziesheree
Admin
suziesheree

PostSubject: Re: If I Had My Life To Do Over.......   If I Had My Life To Do Over....... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 5:14 pm

gosh what a question

yes
i would change some things that let my marriage slip, I may focus more on a "career", i would try to save my friendship with my best friend from school (how i miss her)

no
to my marriage anyway, my kids, my friends now

I don't know, its such a BIG question!
Back to top Go down
Rah nam

Rah nam

PostSubject: Re: If I Had My Life To Do Over.......   If I Had My Life To Do Over....... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:39 am

Knowing that certain conditions and circumstances are planed in order to get where we ought to be and go, I would have liked to be an arborist. I am sure I would have enjoyed this.
Back to top Go down
seraphimxx1

seraphimxx1

PostSubject: Life....   If I Had My Life To Do Over....... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 2:09 am

Believing that every choice, step & breath I’ve taken since birth had been planned or laid out for me prior to my existence…. I would have to say no. I'll leave it as it is, was & shall be.

Though my life seems to be mediocre, I did have miracles, angels, admiration & love in & throughout my lifetime. However like most people, pain, loss, sorrow & grief were also imminent but… such is life.

I’ve accepted life. Embraced the facts, truths & realities long ago. I did however ask our higher power, that if reincarnation was possible, to please not consider my return to earth. Spiritually… I don’t like it here. If I Had My Life To Do Over....... 727866
Back to top Go down
Rah nam

Rah nam

PostSubject: Re: If I Had My Life To Do Over.......   If I Had My Life To Do Over....... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 8:03 am

seraphimxx1 wrote:
Believing that every choice, step & breath I’ve taken since birth had been planned or laid out for me prior to my existence…. I would have to say no. I'll leave it as it is, was & shall be.

Though my life seems to be mediocre, I did have miracles, angels, admiration & love in & throughout my lifetime. However like most people, pain, loss, sorrow & grief were also imminent but… such is life.

I’ve accepted life. Embraced the facts, truths & realities long ago. I did however ask our higher power, that if reincarnation was possible, to please not consider my return to earth. Spiritually… I don’t like it here. :pray:

Dear Seraphim,

I still have not figured out exactly what you are, what your background is. I know you are not here in lesson, you are here in service. And yes, you had more the this life here. Short bursts to get used to it, as it seams.
No, life is not planed to the detail of every step, or breath.
We usually set ourselves up with certain characteristics, energetic layers, move into a genetically suitable body, including suitable parents. Friends and foes we meet along the way, with guides that know our blue print. Any blue print can be changed or ignored.
Now her comes the trick, if we are her in service, you can do what ever you like as long you do what you ought to do.
Does this make sense?

You might say, but this will violate my free will!
No, you, we agreed to this life before we cam, we cam to be of service, even so you might not see and understand what your service is.
Just by being her, you serve.

Rah nam
Back to top Go down
kbcforever

kbcforever

PostSubject: Re: If I Had My Life To Do Over.......   If I Had My Life To Do Over....... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 8:35 am

I can honestly say that even though i have had a traumatic childhood and a few more bumps along the way, I am happy the way my life turned out. Everything i went through made me stronger and the person i am today. I feel very blessed to have been given the lessons that i have, good and bad. Love and light, Cindy If I Had My Life To Do Over....... 474790
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: If I Had My Life To Do Over.......   If I Had My Life To Do Over....... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 1:20 pm

I think things in my life have gone from bad to worse! I can't wait for it to be over.
Back to top Go down
suziesheree
Admin
suziesheree

PostSubject: Re: If I Had My Life To Do Over.......   If I Had My Life To Do Over....... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 2:25 pm

Shocked sadie I hope your wording is wrong there! And you mean the run of luck not your life!
Back to top Go down
seraphimxx1

seraphimxx1

PostSubject: Life   If I Had My Life To Do Over....... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 1:40 pm

Sadie,
To find the spirit within & soar like the angles ~ WIth their help, guidance & love in this life in order for us to fly amongst the angles in our next.

If I Had My Life To Do Over....... TheHawkwoman
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: If I Had My Life To Do Over.......   If I Had My Life To Do Over....... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 5:57 pm

Suzie, sorry I don't mean to worry anyone but these days I seem to get down and depressed so easily, I have a lot on my mind at the moment so please forgive me. Yes, when I feel like that I DO mean my life. But having said that, my husband wouldn't survive without me so I have to keep going, if only for him. Gosh if my daughter read this she would have a fit at me!!

Seraphim, what a beautiful photo. I love native americans, I have a few statues in my hobby room and I bought a large photo of Sitting bull who takes pride of place in the centre of the wall. I have posted a photo of my room for you to see. Isn't he just magnificent?
The indian on the right was one that I feel sought me out on a trip to Queensland a few years ago. I may post the story here somewhere.
Thank you for the lovely words too. I'm sorry I get depressed.

Thank you both for caring If I Had My Life To Do Over....... 76825

If I Had My Life To Do Over....... Im001410
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: If I Had My Life To Do Over.......   If I Had My Life To Do Over....... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 6:10 pm

Ok so in answer to my own question...yes, I would change a lot of things.
As long as I could re-do, knowing what I know now, things would be different.
1) I would have knuckled down and studied more at school instead of goofing off whenever I could. I hated high school so I was hardly ever there! The trouble was, I was put into a class which was a straight line through to matriculation but I never thought one minute about my future. I always thought I would just get married and have a couple of kids and be a housewife. Never thought beyond that, I could have been just about anything I wanted to be had I studied hard and knucked down, so that is the first thing I would change. Which would, inevitably change the rest of my life too.

2) I was a rebelious teenager who never gave a thought to anyone else. I was a selfish little brat. I had good parents in spite of mistakes they may have made, all parents make mistakes so I have to overlook that. But I wanted out. I wanted to live on my own, at 16 no less! No wonder my mother said no LOL. I thought I was tough. I don't know why I felt I had to be that way but I did and to prove it I started smoking. I wish I had never started because then I wouldn't be thinking and trying methods now to quit.

3) I wouldn't have gotten married at 18 and as much as I love my son, I would have waited to have him. I became a mother 3 weeks short of my 19th birthday. I wasn't pregnant when I got married just rebelious LOL. My son, actually 3 out of my 4 kids have had awful lives because of my mistakes. This I would most definately change. I should have waited and found Mr Right, had all my kids to one father, a decent man who would have been a good husband and father.

All those things I would change, if I could go back and restart.
I have a saying and it is....
"Well....I've stuffed up this life, maybe I'll get it right next time."
Back to top Go down
jean jeannie

PostSubject: Re: If I Had My Life To Do Over.......   If I Had My Life To Do Over....... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 7:56 pm

Oh yes I would change some things, my misspent youth nope I loved it, there is one time in my life I would change where I let someone into my circle of friends that caused great pain to my family that I would change no doubt. The pain is still ongoing 20 years later.

I wish I could keep my mouth shut but that is never going to happen I woudl have had a calmer and more financialy productive life if I had mastered that one.

Having my family so young, no I would not change that I can see that worked the way it should have.

I also feel down alot at the moment and maybe that is our path/lesson sadie to feel and reconise the feelings
Back to top Go down
seraphimxx1

seraphimxx1

PostSubject: Re: If I Had My Life To Do Over.......   If I Had My Life To Do Over....... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:08 am

Suziesheree: It’s still possible to mend, succeed & accomplish our hearts desires. We still have time.

Kbcforever: Speaking bout myself ~ I agree with you whole-heartedly.

JJ: I had to laugh. Talk about honesty.

Sadie,
I didn’t know. I just asked myself what would be an appropriate picture & she came to me.

Rah nam,
Would you change anything?

My 2nd response: I wouldn’t have fallen for the ‘Father like figure’. Physical, verbal & psychological abuse became the ‘norm’. Surrounded by Jealousy 24/7 caused my spirit to diminish. It became difficult to continuously forgive….. No. This road was not paved for me. I chose to walk it. I’d change that!

Back to top Go down
Rah nam

Rah nam

PostSubject: Re: If I Had My Life To Do Over.......   If I Had My Life To Do Over....... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:26 am

Rah nam,
Would you change anything?

This is difficult to say, without knowing all the facts of why this life was arranged the way it was arranged.
I would try not to work in the Hospitality industry, but then it brought me together with my wife who brought me to Australia.
And Australia was The place I was supposed to be.
Back to top Go down
Misty
Admin
Misty

PostSubject: Re: If I Had My Life To Do Over.......   If I Had My Life To Do Over....... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 3:11 pm

Sadie i was very shocked to read your post, you really dont want out of this life.
You are going through a difficult time in your life at present but hey kiddo it's all a learning curb no matter what age we are . From this you will become a stronger person ,just think what you have already been through and how strong you came out of it all.
You are a dear soul and a good person ,
Chin up my friend and think of all the good/happy times you have shared .
Depression is a real bummer but i know your strong enough to get through this and you will. As you have said to me in the past think postive and eventually that blue peroid will lift.
Try this little exercise i was given , write down all the negatives from the past or now ,then write all the postive. which out weighs which .
Then slowly work on the negatives and cross them of as they become positives.
Take care If I Had My Life To Do Over....... 60537 If I Had My Life To Do Over....... 60537
Back to top Go down
gypsyrose

gypsyrose

PostSubject: Re: If I Had My Life To Do Over.......   If I Had My Life To Do Over....... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 9:03 pm

Well, this is something i have thought about before & i used to think that there were quite a few things i would do differently .... but now i've changed my take on it all .... my answer is .... nope, because all my choices have made me into the person I am today. If something is meant to be, then I reckon i'll end up there eventually - in my own time & in my own way lol! Because if I had done certain things differently, who's to say things would be better or easier? Not to mention, I may not have met certain people at certain times who have had a huge impact on my life & some who continue to have an impact on my life. Nope, I think i'm ok with where things are at. An example i think about .... almost 5 yrs ago i had a car accident (nothing too serious but a nasty dose of whiplash which wouldn't heal) ... this got me referred to a remedial/sports massage therapist which in turn inspired me to get my quals in massage/aromatherapy & got me more in tune with my body plus met some wonderful people. All this because that particular morning i decided at the last second to take a different road to work!! Also made me slow down because I was in overdrive (not in the car lol - the accident wasn't my fault! - my life was overloaded & i needed to take some time out!) Plenty other examples i could use but i think u get the general idea. If I can walk away having learnt a lesson from doing something a certain way (even if it may not be the wisest choice ....) then that's what i focus on (eventually) & move forward from there.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Admin
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: If I Had My Life To Do Over.......   If I Had My Life To Do Over....... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 3:58 am

Applause well said GR.
Yes, I think all the things this (or any) life sends us is a learning curve - it is up to us to learn from it or not.
Back to top Go down
gypsyrose

gypsyrose

PostSubject: Re: If I Had My Life To Do Over.......   If I Had My Life To Do Over....... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 9:43 pm

Having said what i said previously, I think i'd like to add something else If I Had My Life To Do Over....... 179790

.... less procrastinating about things ..... it might get me some places sooner :)

.... be a little less cautious about EVERYTHING lol ..... it might colour my world a bit more :) ... & if risks don't work out - so long as I learn & I don't hurt others in the process so that they are scarred for life, then it's OK ... eventually :)

But this is what I aim to do from now on ... I am not going to regret the past because I truly believe it was meant to be as it was. Today I want to start looking towards the future with a different pair of glasses on :)

As my little quote says below ....

Back to top Go down
ewbaby4

ewbaby4

PostSubject: Re: If I Had My Life To Do Over.......   If I Had My Life To Do Over....... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 8:00 pm

Hi (I'm new to Spirit Matters)

I would also change who the father of my children was so that they could have been free of his negative spirit and feel more trusting of this world. However in saying that their personalities have been shaped by the parents they have and they are wonderful, strong girls.

I would not have let true love slip away... But my life isn't over yet - he may still return.

Every path I have taken has made me who I am, and for them I am grateful - mostly. Although I am still tending to the bruises of a failed marriage, all the trials have made me stronger.

Back to top Go down
gypsyrose

gypsyrose

PostSubject: Re: If I Had My Life To Do Over.......   If I Had My Life To Do Over....... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 9:56 pm

Hi ewbaby4 If I Had My Life To Do Over....... 780646

Nice to have someone new on the forum :)
It has been a bit quiet on here of late but please don't let that deter you from posting!! Why not introduce yourself in the intros forum If I Had My Life To Do Over....... 681981 We are all pleased to have you join us.

It sounds like you have been going through a tough period but hopefully things are on the up for you ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If I Had My Life To Do Over.......   If I Had My Life To Do Over....... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If I Had My Life To Do Over.......
Page 1 of 1