Spirit Matters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spirit Matters

All types of paranormal discussed

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Karmic Need for Forgivemess

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
suziesheree
Admin
suziesheree

Karmic Need for Forgivemess Empty
PostSubject: Karmic Need for Forgivemess   Karmic Need for Forgivemess Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 11:35 am

A little something that i found quite useful and thought id post

The Karmic Need for Forgiveness

First, one needs to understand what the word Karma means. Webster's dictionary gives the definition of Karma as "The overall effect of one's behavior, held in Hinduism and Buddhism to determine one's destiny in a future existence. The "Aynnie" definition of Karma is this, simply put; if you were a stinker in the last life time(s), you will make up for it in this one.

Has your life experiences ever seemed unfair? Quite often, these life experiences that are so very painful, are expressions of our past behavior in another lifetime. If we are unkind to someone from two lifetimes ago, we could very well meet up with this same person in this lifetime. The odds are pretty high this individual will be unkind to you now, unless they have gained some kind of awareness, and decide to stop the Karmic wheel here and now.

There is a large percentage of the earth's population that understands this concept, and conducts their daily lives around it.

To be angry, and then be revengeful after that, is to grab onto the wheel of Karma and give it a spin. It is a written invitation for that person to take revenge on you at some later time.

I am not saying that you are not allowed to feel anger, or injustice. What I am saying is that after you feel those feelings, what you do next may affect you in lifetimes far in the future.

There is a current expression that says, "What goes around, comes around." That expresses the wheel of Karma quite well.

What should you do when you feel angry and hurt? Dissolve the anger the best you can. There are several ways of doing that. The best way I know of totally dissolving the anger and hurt is to forgive the offending person.

I fully understand how difficult forgiveness is. I've been faced with this dilemma over and over throughout my life. I also know how hard this forgiveness thing is for others to handle. As a psychic counselor, I often have to instruct my clients that the best way out of a difficult life situation is to find forgiveness for the individual that caused it.

Our lower selves, our egos, think we need revenge. Our instinct is to hurt back if we have been hurt. We want to cause the same pain or worse that was caused to us. This kind of knee jerk reaction only causes the wheel of Karma to crank out one more turn.

Learning to forgive is one of the hardest things to do. However, there really seems to be no way around it.

The ways you can choose to forgive include writing a letter, making a phone call, or setting up a face-to-face encounter.

In the case of forgiving someone who is deceased, writing a letter is just fine. Then destroy letter after you have written it.

Does it 'work' if you just say "I forgive you, ______" to the air while we hold the person's face in our minds? Yes, I think it does. That is also my personal opinion.

The question of being sincere in your forgiveness is also raised. In my humble opinion, if one is not sincere, and they just 'mouth' the words, you may have put a halt on the wheel, but only a temporary one. Sooner or later, the real forgiveness must take place.

I also believe that if one understands that the wheel of Karma will continue to turn on any issue that includes anger and revenge, the most people would at least give thought to their actions before proceeding any further.

If your actions now will affect your life at some future time in a negative way, is the revenge worth it? Give careful thought to your answer.
Back to top Go down
jean jeannie

Karmic Need for Forgivemess Empty
PostSubject: Re: Karmic Need for Forgivemess   Karmic Need for Forgivemess Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 1:26 am

A very good question, forgiveness is a double edged sword, if we do not speak up when hurt by someone how will they ever learn that there actions have a impact on those around them, I don't speak up often but when I do omg world war 3 goes off, so is that because others are used to dumping on me with any come back?
Then again to hold onto the anger and hurt takes soooooooooo much energy
Back to top Go down

Karmic Need for Forgivemess
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spirit Matters :: Beyond The Physical Realm :: Karma-
Jump to: